Always wanted to try cycling Ontario’s South Coast? Past the beautiful, bountiful, beaches of the Lake Erie shore? Start in Port Colborne and head east along the Friendship Trail to Fort Erie, then north down the Canadian-side of the Niagara River to Niagara Falls. Catch the Megabus motor coach to and from the Toronto and Niagara Falls bus terminals.
- Bike Maps are available in Port Colborne – just up the Welland Canal Trail at Pedal Bike Shop. For comfort and safety, always bring along a Niagara Region Bicycling Map or print outs.
- Also, please print beforehand the Waterfront Trail Maps – Niagara (Green Trail #1), to follow between Port Colborne and Niagara Falls.
- Recommended – for riders comfortable with one-day 70 kms distance. The route is almost perfectly flat. Strong cyclists can ride from Port Colborne to Fort Erie to Niagara Falls somewhat easily in one day – so long as they keep a steady pace and an eye on the time.
- Arrive early – at Toronto’s new Union Station Bus Terminal, located at the corner of Bay St & Lakeshore Blvd. on the 2nd floor – to get your bus ticket.
- Bikes are not allowed on double-decker buses, but are allowed on single level motor coaches. Ask the driver to store it/them in the rear bus bay, away from the luggage. Bring a bungee cord to attach it under the bus if you like.
- Thinking about staying overnight? Visit Ontario By Bike! for bicycle friendly accommodations in Port Colborne.
- Learn more about the Niagara Friendship Trail.
- Megabus – Bikes allowed on motor coaches, but not double-deckers.
- City of Port Colborne
- Cycle Ontario’s South Coast!
- Port Colborne Canal Days
- Niagara Region Bike Map
- Waterfront Trail Maps – Niagara (Green Trail #1)
- Ontario by Bike!
Read All About It
- Bikes and Transit Travel: Port Colborne to Niagara Falls
Donald Wiedman © 2018