Over 95% of this ride is along the Waterfront Trail and the Trans Canada Trail. On the way take your time to see and experience Ajax’s spectacular Duffins Creek and lakefront bluffs. Stop for lunch at the Rotary Pavillion, then it’s west for a swim at the beach in Pickering, or east through all natural lakeside fields to Whitby. Recommended for all-aged riders.
– Enlarge Map
- The unmarked (gravel) Trans Canada Trail can be found at the southwest corner of the GO station parking lot in Ajax.
- Caution crossing Bayly. Take the east side sidewalk on Westney, down to the temporary entrance to the Trans Canada Trail south of Bayly.
- At the Lake, you can go east on the Waterfront Trail to Whitby, or west to Pickering, Rouge Hill, and (uphill) to Guildwood GO stations (the better ride is downhill, with the prevailing winds, west to east).
- Either way, take your time and enjoy Ajax’s uniquely beautiful waterfront.
- While you’re there, experience cycling in one of Ontario’s first designated BIcycle Friendly Communities!
- Print and bring Waterfront Trail Maps – Ajax (Orange Trail #3)
Donald Wiedman © 2018