Hamilton has the spectacular Niagara escarpment – and there’s no better way to see it than by bike. This rail trail ride ascends slowly upward 15 kms to “The Summit”. Turn around, or go straight to Brantford! It’s all downhill from there! The trail from McMaster U to Brantford is also accessible by HSR and GO buses from Aldershot GO station.
RIDE 9.0: GO train to ALDERSHOT, GO bus to McMASTER U., cycle the Brantford Rail Trail – 15 kms + return
- From the McMaster transit parking lot, cross the street to the bike path on the west side
- Head north or south from there
- Once you’re on the rail trail, you’re on your way!
- It’s 15 kms to “The Summit” – at the top of the cliff with a small pond
- The rail trail climbs the Escarpment at an almost perfect ascending angle
- There are benches to rest, no food, but there is a rail trail centre to visit
- GO Train to ALDERSHOT + GO Bus to MCMASTER
- HSR Route 51 (scroll down) from Hamilton GO Centre to McMaster
- Print Hamilton Trail Map
- Print Waterfront Trail Maps – Hamilton (Orange Trail #1)
- View Burlington Transit & Trails Map
Donald Wiedman © 2018