From the GO train at Guildwood station in eastern Scarborough, some seriously fun, pretty easy bike riding awaits, hardly 1000 metres away. Get off the train with your bike. Follow the Toronto Cycling Map across Kingston Road. Turn up Celeste. Left on Livingston, and you’ve found the Highland Creek Bikeway… all the way to Lake Ontario… downhill!
– Enlarge Map
- Exit the train station by crossing Kingston Rd. at the lights, and head down Celeste, then turn left on Greenvale Terrace. The bikeway trailhead is at the end of the street on the right.
- The ride is easy and smooth, but do have a copy of the Toronto Cycling Map (from a bike shop) to find your way – it is easy to get disoriented. If you get disoriented, simply follow the creek flow and never exit the ravine.
- At Old Kingston Rd. go left a little uphill, crossing the bridge over the creek to find the Trail again on the right.
- Once you reach Lake Ontario, go left (east) on The Waterfront Trail to the Rouge Hill GO train station. Or continue on to Pickering, Ajax and Whitby stations.
- Find the GO Train Schedule for the Lakeshore East line.
Donald Wiedman © 2018