Take your bike on the GO Train and cycle the natural Durham waterfront. Start your ride from the Pickering GO Train station. Exit to the south of the train station and head down Liverpool Road to discover Pickering’s beautiful waterfront marina and beach. Then follow the Waterfront Trail west to Rouge Hill station, or east to the train in Ajax or Whitby.
RIDE 1.1: ROUGE HILL GO station east to PICKERING station, via Waterfront Trail – 15 kms
– Enlarge Map
Try the route in either direction. Along the way you won’t miss, and will never forget these wonderful natural features:
- Pickering Beach, Marina and Frenchman’s Bay
- Petticoat Creek
- Rouge River and Rouge Beach
- Highland Creek
Schedules and Fares
- Find the GO Train Schedule for the Lakeshore East line
- Take your bike to the train on the TTC Subway. Transfer to the train at Union subway station, or at Main Street subway station – to train at GO Danforth
- Down Brock Rd., half way to Lake Ontario, go right on Radom St. to join the Waterfront Trail to the Rouge Hill GO train station. Or continue to the Lake to head east (right) on the Waterfront Trail to Ajax and Whitby GO stations.
- Print and bring Waterfront Trail Maps – Pickering (Orange Trail #3)
Donald Wiedman © 2018