This ride – for experienced cyclists only – takes you from the GO train station up through Ajax and Pickering North, via the Trans Canada Trail all the way to Uxbridge, and the GO Bus (and bike rack for two) home. On the way the trail leads you through Durham Woods, Walker Woods, Greenwood and Claremont Conservations Areas. One word: “Wow”.
– Enlarge Map
Bikes and Transit Route Maps
- Trans Canada Trail Map
- Durham Mountain Biking Association Maps
- Backroad Mapbook: Ontario Cottge Country
- Exit the Ajax GO station and head to the unmarked Trans Canada Trail at the southwest corner of the parking lot.
- At the bottom of the road, at Bayly, take the new wide sidewalk west (right) to the top of the hill. The Trans Canada Trail north starts at the crosswalk there.
- Caution when using major streets like Rossland to connect trail segments, best walk your bike on the sidewalk if traffic is heavy.
- Trail conditions will vary, exponentially. Have fun on asphalt, gravel, loose gravel, packed dirt and roots, tall grass…
- Durham Woods, Walker’s Woods, Greenwood and Claremont Conservations Areas are the jewel of Durham – take the time to enjoy and explore them, get lost – and take care everywhere.
Donald Wiedman © 2018