Bicycle the Centennial Trail from Appleby GO station – an old hyrdo corridor that angles north/southward across the City to the lakeshore. The Trail ends at Martha St, and a choice between staying in Old Burlington or continuing on cycling to Hamilton’s Confederation Park, and back!. From the Appleby GO station, head just south to find the Centennial Trail.
RIDE 4.0: APPLEBY GO train station to OLD BURLINGTON via Centennial Trail – 7.5 kms
- Print & Bring Burlington Transit & Trails Map (pdf)
- Exit to the south east of the train station, cross the parking lot south to Fairview Rd. and the bike lane west to Appleby Lane
- At Appleby, take a left south to the illuminated crosswalk: that is the east-west Centennial Trail
- Alternatively, exit from the southeast corner of the GO south parking lot, and follow the creekside bike path across the street to the Centennial Trail southwest
- Burlington’s extraordinary Centennial Trail heads diagonally southwest to Old Burlington, ending at Martha St.
- Take a quick left, then right on Pine St to the HSR Hamilton (and Greyhound) bus terminus on John St.
- Or head west on Pine St to John or Brant St., then south to the Waterfront Trail and Old Burlington waterfront
Wiedman Communications © 2018