A visit to the RBG by bike from the Aldershot GO train station, along the Pains Rd. bike lane or Waterfront Trail, is one of the easiest and family friendly inter-modal day trips on BikesandTransit.com. This route takes you through Burlington suburban waterfront, neighbourhoods, and cemeteries! All the way to a great day at the Royal Botanical Gardens.
RIDE 6.0: ALDERSHOT GO train station to ROYAL BOTANICAL GARDENS, via York Blvd. Bikelane – 4.5 kms
- Print & Bring Waterfront Trail Maps: Burlington (pdf)
- Exit Aldershot train station to the southeast, cross the parking lot to Masonry Cr. west to Waterdown Rd. south
- Head to Plains Rd W (bike lane) and turn right/west – to Spring Gardens Rd or the lights at Botanical Dr, and turn left.
- Alternately, continue south on Waterdown Rd to join the Waterfront Trail west at North Shore Blvd
- The entrance to the Royal Botanical Gardens is on Spring gardens Rd, just south of Plains Rd W
- Please note: No cycling permitted within the Botanical Gardens!
Read All About It
- Bikes and Transit Travel: Royal Botanical Gardens
Wiedman Communications © 2018