Burlington’s waterfront is easily reached from the GO Train up Brant St., by cyclists of all ages. Cycle past the beaches and dunes of Burlington Bay at the west end of Lake Ontario – before you know it across a causeway to Hamilton’s shore. The ride includes great bike lanes and wide trails, a lift bridge, historical neighbourhoods, and a light house!
RIDE 5.0: BURLINGTON GO train station to HAMILTON BEACH, via the Waterfront Trail – 15 kms / 30 kms return
– Enlarge Map
- Print and bring Waterfront Trail Maps – Burlington (Orange Trail #1)
- From the Burlington GO station, cycle the bike lane on Fairview west, then south down Brant Street to Old Burlington and the Waterfront Trail
- The bike lane will end in the old part of town, but drivers are OK. Alternatively, take Fairview west to Maple south
- Hamilton cyclists: Take HSR #11 to Old Burlington and ride the Waterfront Trail south homeward!
- From Old Burlington, follow the Trail southwest along to the Burlington Beachway.
- Continue south along the shoreline, follow trailside maps across the lift bridge.
- The Trail continues all the way, past Hamilton’s Beach Strip and Waterworks to Confederation Park.
- Hamiltonians: ride all the way to catch the GO Train home from Appleby GO train station!
Donald Wiedman © 2018