Take your bike on the GO Train east along Lake Ontario to cycle a great stretch of the Durham waterfront. Start your ride from the Whitby GO station close to the marina and waterfront, and head west (right at the Lake) to end your ride at the train in Ajax, Pickering, Rouge Hill or Guildwood – or vice versa (West to East). Recommended for all-aged riders.
- Caution: Traffic on Brock Ave. S. in Whitby can be busy at times. When exiting the Whitby GO station by bike: Ride over the overpass on the west sidewalk (closest to the train station) heading south from the Whitby GO station to Lake Ontario.
- On the way see Whitby’s historic harbour and Lynde Shores Conservation Area
- Visit one of the finest natural harbours on Lake Ontario, Port Whitby Marina
- Ride west on the Waterfront Trail from Whitby, to Ajax, Pickering and/or Rouge Hill
- Continue (uphill!) up the Highland Creek Trail to the GO train at Guildwood – follow the Toronto Bike Map
- Print & Bring Waterfront Trail Maps: Toronto, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby (pdf)
Wiedman Communications © 2018